WICEN NSW Communications
WICEN is a statewide body which has been created to serve the needs of the particular state and as such the structure within each state differs according to the emergency management plan within that state.
In NSW, WICEN operates as a specialist support squad under the NSW State Disaster Plan (DISPLAN).
WICEN COVID-19 Safety Plan - update
Would all members please familiarise themselves with our updated COVID plan, particularly when they are involved in any WICEN activity.
New WICEN NSW 40m Monthly HF Net
Following the great success of the SEPEX and FEBEX exercises, Mal, VK2YVA, suggested that WICEN have a regular statewide HF net.
Mal will be the initial Net Controller this coming Sunday, 16th October at 1830 Hrs on 40m.
Here are the details.
- Monthly - 3rd Sunday of each month at 1830 NSW Local Time
- Inaugural session: Sunday 16th October 2022 with Net Controller Mal Alexander (VK2YVA) in Sydney.
- Frequency - 7110 kHz LSB +/- QRM / other traffic
- Net Control - VK2WIZ
It is envisaged that the net control may rotate once the clientele is established over a few months.
The format of the net will be as follows:
- Check In after commencement by Net Control
- Regional stations first - outside the greater Sydney area.
- Then greater Sydney stations.
- Net Control will acknowledge callsigns.
- Once Check In is complete, Net Control will call in each station to report signals of all stations heard.
- Individual stations should listen for stations that check in but not heard by Net Control, and report this to Net Control, it may be viable to appoint a back up Net Control or Relay.
It will be great to see lots of stations participate.
Hope to hear you on air.
Vice President & Media Manager
Neil Fallshaw VK2XNF has published the Newsletter for February. It is available as a pdf here.
The topics covered include:
- Training Gets Underway for the Year
- Memory Walk & Jog is here for 2023
- WICEN Members Awarded National Emergency Medal
- Communications Boost for Rescue Volunteers
- The Mole - Temporary Communications in the Blue Mountains
- What Events do we have this Year
If anyone would like an item published in the Newsletter please email email@example.com