WICEN NSW Communications
WICEN NSW is a volunteer group comprised of licensed amateur radio operators who provide emergency communications in times when the public communications infrastructure degrades or fails.
WICEN NSW is a communications support squad of VRA Rescue NSW providing recognition through the State Emergency and Rescue Management Act 1989 and the State Rescue Board
WICEN COVID-19 Safety Plan - update
Would all members please familiarise themselves with our updated COVID plan, particularly when they are involved in any WICEN activity.
Updated WICEN NSW 40m Monthly HF Net
Please note: The HF net time has been moved back to 1830 Hrs from 1730.
- Monthly - 3rd Sunday of each month at 1830 NSW Local Time
- Frequency - 7110 kHz LSB +/- QRM / other traffic
- Net Control - VK2WIZ
The format of the net is as follows:
- Check In after commencement by Net Control
- Regional stations first - outside the greater Sydney area.
- Then greater Sydney stations.
- Net Control will acknowledge callsigns.
- Once Check In is complete, Net Control will call in each station to report signals of all stations heard.
- Individual stations should listen for stations that check in but not heard by Net Control, and report this to Net Control, it may be viable to appoint a back up Net Control or Relay.
It will be great to see lots of stations participate.
Hope to hear you on air.
Vice President & Media Manager
Neil Fallshaw VK2XNF has published the Newsletter for February. It is available as a pdf here.
The topics covered include:
- Training Gets Underway for the Year
- Memory Walk & Jog is here for 2023
- WICEN Members Awarded National Emergency Medal
- Communications Boost for Rescue Volunteers
- The Mole - Temporary Communications in the Blue Mountains
- What Events do we have this Year
If anyone would like an item published in the Newsletter please email email@example.com